In my video today, I’m going to show you how you can easily track your rankings, and improve your Google rankings using AffiloTools. If you’ve never used AffiloTools, it is one-stop solution for all of your web marketing tasks — including tracking search engine rankings, and building backlinks.
***How to improve your search engine rankings***
To improve your rankings in the search engines, you need to do the following things:
1. Onsite SEO — optimizing your website for Google.
2. Offsite SEO — building backlinks from other websites to your site.
Onsite SEO is vital because it tells Google that your website is relevant for particular phrases. Unless your website is relevant for a phrase, it won’t rank in the search engines. On the other hand, offsite SEO is the real power behind an SEO campaign, because it proves that your website is not just relevant for a phrase; you show that it is an authority in it too.
***Tips for onsite SEO***
• Choose a maximum of 2-3 core keywords for each page. You don’t want to choose too many. Why? Google does not like it: it takes away from the relevancy of the page. It is better to split your 4 core keywords into two pages of 2.
• Add your keywords to the title tag and the meta description, but do not use the keyword more than once. If you do that, then your website will be flagged as spam and it will not rank as well.
• Use your keywords in the content of your page, but don’t use it anymore than what would be natural. If you overuse it, Google will notice it and flag your website as spam.
***Tips for offsite SEO***
• Focus on getting a few high-quality links, rather than lots of low-quality links.
• Don’t overuse your keyword in the anchor text. If you overuse it, Google will flag your website as spam.
• Build a variety of links. With AffiloTools, you can build blog comments, directory links, article directory links, sponsorships, reviews and even guest blog post links.