FileZilla with Cpanel: Instructions for Setting Up a New WordPress Theme.
Congratulations on setting up WordPress in your domain! To make your blog unique and attractive, you’ll want to swap out the default WordPress theme for one you’ve designed yourself.
Filezilla is highly recommended for installing your new WordPress theme. However, the Cpanel will do in a pinch. Here we go, then;
First, you can use FileZilla to set up your new WordPress theme.
Unzip your WordPress theme after downloading it. Put away in an electronic safe place.
* Get FileZilla, our recommended FTP client, and launch it. Enter your web host’s address, login, and password to access your website’s files via FTP. You can leave the Port field blank to use the default connection 21. Then, link up.
Once you’ve successfully connected, you can view the files on your local machine in the left window and the files in your web host’s root directory in the Remote site window on the right.
* Find the folder where you decompressed your WordPress theme.
* Navigate to the remote server on the right side of the FTP, where your root document files are stored, and open public_html. The “theme” folder is where your new WordPress theme should go after you’ve installed it on your domain and uploaded the necessary files and directories.
Simply extract the new WordPress folder and drop it into the theme folder. After that, the data transfer begins.
* Once the transfer is complete, go to your WordPress dashboard by visiting your WordPress admin site and logging in with the username and password you created during installation. To use the newly installed theme, navigate to Design > Theme > Search. The change should then reflect on your site. To activate your freshly-installed theme in earlier versions of WordPress, select Presentation > Theme.
Congratulations! Your WordPress installation was successful.
Second Choice: Cpanel’s Easy Theme Installation Wizard for Your New WordPress Design.
This is a time-consuming chore made more difficult by multiple files and folders in your WordPress theme. I think you should continue with the FTP option because it will transmit your files more quickly, save you a lot of time, and automate much of the work. This is the proper method for learning Cpanel.
To access your Cpanel, you must provide your web host’s login and password. Go to the Cpanel homepage to access either the File Manager or the Legacy File Manager.
* Instead of double-clicking the public_html text, open the folder by clicking on the folder icon in the sidebar. If you do this, the contents of the public_html folder will be displayed, while clicking on the folder’s name will reveal its properties.
* Navigate to the icon folder inside of wp_content. Launch the Theme Folder after that. New WordPress themes and accompanying folders should be uploaded here. The WordPress theme installation process will follow the structure of your computer’s files and directories.
* Make a new folder by selecting the “create a new folder” link at the top of the folder list. Then, make a new root-level theme folder using the theme’s name. To access the theme files, first, click the folder’s icon. Do the same thing with all the other folders in your WordPress Theme.
* The files must be installed in their correct folders precisely as they appear on your computer. To upload a file from your computer, navigate to the folder where the file(s) are stored and click the “upload files” button. Navigate to the files you want to upload by clicking the browse button on the upload page. To adjust the file’s properties and modify the CHMOD permissions, click on the file’s name after uploading. Repeat the steps above to move all the files into all the folders on your computer.
You’ve been copying the files from your computer to your web host in their original hierarchical order. In contrast to Filezilla, which can automatically move the Full WordPress themes and organize the files and directories it includes, this method is more time-consuming.
Business Ideas Portal [http://www.smallbusiness.com.ng] is a great place to uncover profitable online and offline ventures.
If you’re looking for low-cost marketing strategies,