To get started with email marketing, the first step is to set up your email marketing software. We recommend using Convertkit. For a 2-week free trial use our link https://www.thefigco.com/convertkit (affiliate link).
Check out our complete guide to email marketing here:
Our playlist of email marketing videos:
Marketing and design resources for your business
Our video equipment
Canon M50 Video Kit with Rode Mic: https://fave.co/2VLakNQ
About this video:
When you decide to start doing email marketing and building your list, the first step you need to take is to find an email marketing software. Due to government regulations, you’re legally required to use an email service provider to send mass emails. You can’t use a personal email account such as Gmail. With an email marketing service, you can send mass emails to an entire email list, set up a series of automated emails, and learn more about your audience through segmentation–we’ll discuss all of these capabilities in later videos.
When selecting your email marketing platform you should make sure it has the following capabilities:
1) Can send emails to many people at the same time
2) List management and segmentation, a feature that allows you add and remove people from your list and to add segments, tags, or groups to divide your audience into specific groups based on their profile or interactions with your business
3) A way for you to create forms to get email sign ups on your website
4) Capability to send a series of automated emails when someone signs up to your list and send one-off mass emails to your entire list or specific subgroups of your list.
5) Enforcement of email regulations such as CAN-SPAM
At TheFigCo, we prefer to use ConvertKit. We’ve found that of all the platforms we’ve used, ConvertKit is the most user-friendly and intuitive, but also offers a variety of advanced features. This makes the service perfect for both email marketing novices and veterans.
In this video, we walk you through step by step:
1) How to create your Convertkit account
2) How to create a form to collect emails
3) How to add an email form to your website
4) How to configure all the settings to be ready to start building your emails list by getting your first email subscribers.
Disclaimer: This video description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for your support!