►► FREE Case Study → http://ow.ly/Yf2r30oxeKH
►►Subscribe to our channel → http://ow.ly/eGHr30opl2Z
►►Read the full article → http://ow.ly/epgg30oxeNb
►►Flexxable website → http://ow.ly/mtso30oxeOz
►►Scheldule a call with Dan→ http://ow.ly/d02j30oxeQD
►►Get our book, “The Ultimate Guide To Lead Generation For B2C Business Owners” → http://ow.ly/XPpa30oxeTc
How To Land Big Clients Like The PPC Pro You Are
So you’ve decided to become a PPC agency owner. You’ve done the training, read the books, and poured heart and soul into a company you can now rightfully call “all yours”.
But now you’re out of the rookie phase, something still feels off-balance. You’re very aware that 80% of your income comes from one or two high-paying clients, with the other 20% giving you enough spare change for a good weekend or two.
And if you lose even one of those big clients, your whole business will go under.
It’s time to gear up to the next level. To grow your business, your clients will have to grow too. You need to land big clients with deep pockets, ones who recognise your agency as an asset.
The Ideal Client
Clients with a lot of money are always nice, but it’s easy to start over-relying on those whales. I used to pin all my business hopes and dreams on one or two people and, inevitably, was left sprawling in the dust when the “next big plan” fell through.
And, once I’d done the maths, I wasn’t too sure that I was being paid what I was actually worth. Sure, the number looked good down on paper. But once I evaluated what I was actually doing for these clients (everything and anything, including SEO and website design), I realised I was being paid peanuts.
The ideal client doesn’t hold a cheque over your head and make you turn every trick in the book to get your hands on it. There should be mutual understanding and respect: the keys to a great relationship. The ideal client:
Respects what you can bring to the table and views you as an asset
Wants you in for the long-haul
Has a large budget and are willing to scale
Thinks big and projects big – has a nationally appealing offer
Will gladly offer glowing reviews and referrals for your hard work
Will come back for more (and more, and more).
What You Can Do To Land Big Clients
Wondering why other agencies seem to be crushing it, while you’re using every resource possible just to get by?
These “PPC Superstars” don’t have more staff than you, more talent than you, or even a higher budget than you (though you’ve got to be willing to spend money to make money). They’ve been through everything you’ve been through – the guru’s “masterclasses”, the $997 courses, the clients with the “Lord giveth and Lord taketh away” attitude.
What these Superstars have done is taken their experiences and worked out a strategy to get in with the high-flyers. If landing big clients was a game of chess, these guys have learned from their losses, captured the queen and can say “checkmate”.
I’ve been generating leads for about six years now, and I’ve come up with a simple step-by-step strategy to landing big clients, most of them revolving around one small change. Here’s a sneak big into my Closing Client game plan, to help you land those gigs.
#1. Ditch Those Retainer Contracts…
If any of you have kept up with my Facebook posts, you’ll know I HATE retainer contracts and the so-called gurus who swear by them.
First off, they’re impossible to sell.
I usually go on about the cycle of rejection and despair anyone pitching retainer contracts will find themselves in. This time, though, I’m going to try to get you to see it from the client’s perspective.
#1.5 … And Refine Your Offer
To land a big client, you need to offer leads. High-quality leads with a great contact rate, that their sales team can convert into paying customers.
#2. Target Big Clients With Deep Pockets
When I talk about clients with “deep pockets”, I usually mean national clients with a vast B2C audience.
This doesn’t always have to be the case (though 90% of the time, it is).
However, sometimes a local client pops up with the budget and the vision to make it to the big time. If, for example, you’re approached by a roofing company who wants to advertise all over Sydney, you need to work out the maths to gauge whether it’s worth it.
#3 Go Back To The Old School: Direct Mail
FlexxDigital sends out a minimum of 25 to 30 letters a week to business owners in the different verticals we’re after. Of course, we don’t have a 100% success rate, but if we stop sending letters for just a week, our results start to suffer.
Rinse and Repeat To Land Big Clients
To land the big clients, you need to be able to repeat this strategy ad infinitum, or until you’ve reached client-capacity.
Consistency with any strategy is key, and that’s almost more important than what you’ve got to offer.